Leena Menghaney of Médecins Sans Frontières India discusses the battle of Indian activists in fighting for pro-public health intellectual property laws and the ongoing threats to the provisions to protect health in India’s laws. The recording, provided from Community Media Trust, was shot at an open lecture hosted by TAC and MSF at the University of Cape Town on 26 January 2012.
- Minister Patel must make COVID-19 medicines accessible to all by taking steps to #FixThePatentLaws
- Fix the Patent Laws Coalition supports South Africa and India’s proposal to facilitate access to COVID-19 vaccines
- More than 80 academics, researchers and teachers call on President Ramaphosa to Fix the Patent Laws
- South Africa’s patent laws threaten access to future COVID-19 medicines
- COVID-19: The time for procrastination over patents is over