In response to the letter sent to Minister Davies from the Fix the Patent Laws coalition, Minister Davies sent a letter to the coalition recommitting to the adoption of TRIPS safeguards to protect health but noting ongoing delays. The coalition welcomed Minister Davies confirmation that the DTI remains committed to the adoption of TRIPS safeguards to protect health, but called for an urgent end to delays to ensure people in South Africa are able to access the medicines that they need.
- Comment on US trade representative support of the temporary waiver of intellectual property for COVID-19 vaccines
- Fix the Patent Laws Campaign demands urgent release of bill to save lives
- MEMORADUM: FIX THE PATENT LAWS PICKET, 18 MARCH 2021
- Media Alert: Fix the Patent Laws to picket at Department of Trade, Industry and Competition (DTIC)
- Monopolies are causing “artificial rationing” in COVID-19 crisis as 3 biggest global vaccine giants sit on sidelines