In response to the letter sent to Minister Davies from the Fix the Patent Laws coalition, Minister Davies sent a letter to the coalition recommitting to the adoption of TRIPS safeguards to protect health but noting ongoing delays. The coalition welcomed Minister Davies confirmation that the DTI remains committed to the adoption of TRIPS safeguards to protect health, but called for an urgent end to delays to ensure people in South Africa are able to access the medicines that they need.
- Status of the draft legislation implementing the Intellectual Property Policy
- Remarks by President Cyril Ramaphosa at the high-level dialogue on the future of vaccine manufacturing in Africa at the University of Pretoria, Tshwane
- Patents and access to Lymphoma medicines
- Comment on US trade representative support of the temporary waiver of intellectual property for COVID-19 vaccines
- Fix the Patent Laws Campaign demands urgent release of bill to save lives