This letter was sent to President Ramaphosa by more than 80 leading academics, researchers and teachers in South Africa urging government to urgently reform South Africa’s patent laws.
- Fix the Patent Laws Coalition supports South Africa and India’s proposal to facilitate access to COVID-19 vaccines
- More than 80 academics, researchers and teachers call on President Ramaphosa to Fix the Patent Laws
- South Africa’s patent laws threaten access to future COVID-19 medicines
- COVID-19: The time for procrastination over patents is over
- COVID-19: Patent victories from HIV fight are now more relevant than ever