President Nelson Mandela signs amendments to South Africa’s Medicines and Related Substances Act 101 of 1965 (Medicines Act) into law including certain TRIPS flexibilities.
- More than 80 academics, researchers and teachers call on President Ramaphosa to Fix the Patent Laws
- South Africa’s patent laws threaten access to future COVID-19 medicines
- COVID-19: The time for procrastination over patents is over
- COVID-19: Patent victories from HIV fight are now more relevant than ever
- Minister Mkhize must ensure access to cancer medicine that WHO now considers “essential”