The Fix the Patent Laws campaign (FTPL) welcomed the proposal by South Africa and India for a waiver of all intellectual property in respect of COVID-19 related diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines. FTPL called on all countries to support the proposal to the Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) Council for a temporary waiver of all patents on products needed to test, treat or vaccinate against COVID-19.
- Status of the draft legislation implementing the Intellectual Property Policy
- Remarks by President Cyril Ramaphosa at the high-level dialogue on the future of vaccine manufacturing in Africa at the University of Pretoria, Tshwane
- Patents and access to Lymphoma medicines
- Comment on US trade representative support of the temporary waiver of intellectual property for COVID-19 vaccines
- Fix the Patent Laws Campaign demands urgent release of bill to save lives