April: The Fix the Patent Laws campaign launched a report of findings from an analysis of tuberculosis research and development (R&D) underway in South Africa. The analysis was conducted to gain greater insight into the TB innovation landscape in South Africa, the role of public financing in driving and supporting innovation, as well as expectations of public returns (I.e. affordable, user friendly health technologies) from R&D efforts and expenditure, and strategies employed to promote public returns.
- Status of the draft legislation implementing the Intellectual Property Policy
- Remarks by President Cyril Ramaphosa at the high-level dialogue on the future of vaccine manufacturing in Africa at the University of Pretoria, Tshwane
- Patents and access to Lymphoma medicines
- Comment on US trade representative support of the temporary waiver of intellectual property for COVID-19 vaccines
- Fix the Patent Laws Campaign demands urgent release of bill to save lives